Central Catholic High School, with foundations stretching back to 1898, has established a proud tradition of forming students intellectually, physically, socially and spiritually. Students are challenged to not only perform well on tests, but to strive for integrity, understanding and excellence in all they do.
G.K. Chesterton wrote, "The one thing that is never taught by any chance in the atmosphere of public schools is this: that there is a whole truth of things, and that in knowing it and speaking it we are happy." Central Catholic High School is dedicated to integrating Catholic truth and values with academic excellence in a comprehensive manner that teaches the whole person.
Over 98 percent of Central Catholic graduates have consistently enrolled in a college or university, accepting over $2 million in merit based scholarships and financial aid to the schools of their choice. By graduation each student will have completed a minimum of 80 hours of service. And students are encouraged to broaden their experience at CCHS through participation in one or more of 35+ activities or clubs. CCHS offers ample opportunities for every student to flourish in high school and beyond.
- Catholic Education
- Integrated service and learning
- National Merit Scholars
- Average ACT Score: 25 (State average: 20.8)
- 25 full-time faculty and 7 part-time faculty
- Over 100 different courses including courses offered through the Area Vocational Center
- Advanced Placement courses
- Student to Faculty Ratio: 16:1
- Perfect 100% rating by the State of Illinois Board of Education (following a 2007 extensive review)