Fan Bus To Super Sectionals & Game Info
We are planning a fan bus to Tuesday night's Boy's Basketball Super Sectional game vs. Sterling Newman Catholic at 8:00 p.m. in DeKalb. If we can confirm 50 paid seats by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, we will rent a school bus. The 2 1/2 hour bus ride is $10 round trip and game tickets are $10 as well. We will leave the school at 4:30 p.m. and will stop at a fast food restaurant on the way; food is on your own. Parents and additional family members are welcome. If interested, bring $10 per person to school Monday (checks payable to CCHS). You may purchase your $10 game tickets at school or at the door. We will not arrive back at school until very late (approximately 12:30 a.m.). Click here for directions and additional game information
New AND Returning Students
- All New and Returning students must complete the Registration Packet. Please fill it out electronically, then print it and bring it with you during the appropriate registration timeframe below.
- If you wish for your student to participate in our Summer Work Program, you must call Mrs. Fitzwater in the first week of May.
- Additional forms will be posted to our website as the beginning of the 2014-15 school year approaches. Students will receive their schedules after these forms are completed and returned to the school office and accounts are in good standing.
- New students should return their registration packets when they meet with a counselor during walk-in registration between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on March 10 and 11 or by appointment only between 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. on March 11.
- It is mandatory for all new, incoming students to present a copy of their birth certificate and have a physical. Students entering 9th grade, as well as transfer students, are required to have all immunizations current. A simple sports physical is not acceptable for new, incoming students.
- Returning student registration packets must be completed and returned to the school during normal business hours (7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.).
- All returning students who plan to participate in CCHS sports must have a sports physical completed between June 15 and August 1, 2014. We provide these dates to ensure the physical is valid the entire school year. For more information about physicals please refer to our website.
Tuition Assistance Forms to Be Filled Out
Families who wish to apply for financial assistance to attend CCHS need to fill out the two forms mentioned below by March 15:
- FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment: All families seeking tuition assistance must complete the online FACTS Grant & Aid application.
- John Lancaster Spalding Scholarship: An endowment fund established as a result of the Diocese of Peoria ROOTED IN FAITH Campaign and named in honor of Archbishop Spalding, the first Bishop of Peoria. Tuition assistance scholarship grants will be available for the 2014 - 2015 school year to students enrolled in / intending to enroll in grades kindergarten through 12 in any Catholic school located in the Diocese of Peoria whose families are members of a Catholic parish in the diocese. All grants will be based on financial need objectively assessed. Families of students currently receiving grants are reminded that all grants are for one year only, and anyone seeking to renew a grant for next year must reapply. The application deadline is March 15, 2014. Notification of grant awards will be made by mid-May.
Vote For Our Meathead
CCHS Senior Basketball player Molly McGraw is nominated for the February Meathead of the Month. You can vote for her once a day through March 22 so let's be sure to support our Saint!
CCHS Musical, "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown"
Central Catholic High School Proudly Presents the Spring Musical:
You're A Good Man Charlie Brown, March 14 and 15 at 7pm.
Adults: $8 Senior Citizens and Students: $5
Tickets available at the door or in advance by filling out this form.
Mr. Foster Named Next CCHS Principal
On March 6, Associate Principal Sean Foster was named Central Catholic High School's next Principal. He will assume the role when Principal Joy Allen retires on June 30. View a slideshow of the announcement.
Welcome to Central Catholic
Click on the box for an introduction to Central Catholic High School and see why "Our Difference is our Strength." If you are interested in attending CCHS, please e-mail Scott Vogel, Director of Advancement, to set up a time to meet.
Dream House Early Bird Drawing
Our next early bird drawing is March 17 and the Grand Prize drawing is May 4. If you haven't already, please register here.
Don't Forget To Order Your Yearbook!
Yes, you can still order your 2014 CCHS Yearbook. Just bring a $90 check made out to CCHS to Mr. Reckard or order online.
Booster Club Cash Raffle Winners
The CCHS Booster Club has begun drawing weekly $100 winners in the 2013-2014 All Sports Cash Raffle. Click here to see who has won and check back weekly through the end of June to see the weekly winners. Also, don't forget about the $1,000 bonus cash prize drawings on December 20, 2013 and June 27, 2014.